These were very easy to make. The girls loved dipping the pretzels into the chocolate. Sorry I don’t have step by step pictures, but trust me it’s very easy to make. You can always use the picture above for reference if needed. Here is how to make your own.
Here is what you will need:
- Pretzel rods
- Green chocolate melting wafers (or use white chocolate melting wafers and green food coloring)
- Milk chocolate chips
- Candy eyes
- Black sprinkles
- Black chocolate writing pen
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl for melting chocolate
- Start by melting your green chocolate melting wafers. I used a double broiler melting method but you can melt them in the microwave as well. Just follow instructions on the packaging. Make sure to not over heat. I like to add about 1 tbsp of vegetable oil to my melted chocolate to help make it a little thinner.
- Dip your pretzels into the green melted chocolate and let any excess chocolate drip off. Use a spoon or spatula if needed to help drizzle the chocolate on the rod if you have a shallow bowl. Transfer to lined baking tray.
- Once all desired pretzels are dipped. Let chocolate harden in fridge. About 20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips. Grab your green chocolate dipped pretzel rod and dip the green end into the melted chocolate. Let excess drip off. Transfer to lined baking tray.
- Add black sprinkles to make Billy’s hair.
- Using your chocolate pen, add a small amount of chocolate to the back of your candy eyes and place eyes on pretzel.
- Next, make a zig zag line for Billy’s mouth.
- Place tray back in fridge to let chocolate harden. About 20 minutes.
That’s it, enjoy!
5 comments on “Hocus Pocus Billy Zombie Pretzels”
I have a Google Alert set up for my children’s horror short story, Billy’s Zombie, and this morning I got an email from them linking to this post.
Those look really yummy!
While you probably WEREN’T actually inspired by my book, allow me to humour myself by pretending that you were. In which case, “Thank you so much for being inspired by my book!” 😆
P.S. For more about the book, see https://www.grahamdowns.co.za/books/billys-zombie.html
Haha you totally were the inspiration. 😉
That’s what I thought. 🙂